Fall Living Room Decorating Ideas
Fall Living Room Decorating Ideas. Keeping your home festive is always a great idea, especially if you have children. Changing up and adding some accessories to your home depending on the time of year can help keep you from getting bored with your current layout and can help to simply liven things up around the house.
If you’re sick of just putting some carved pumpkins on your porch for fall and calling it a day – there are some really creative and fun ideas you can implement this year to give your home that fun and festive vibe without appearing too over the top:
1. Many farmers markets, local farms, and even some big retailers like Wal-Mart or Target sell corn stalks that look great when tied to vertical porch beams, light posts, and even mailbox posts. They’ll be a fun and different addition to your home that will truly get you and your family into the fall spirit. Read: Fall Decor Ideas
2. Investing a wreath consisting of fall colored fake leaves can make a beautiful addition to your doorway if you’re looking for a generic fall piece. Investing in a wreath made from fake flowers and leaves will ensure that it lasts you the entire season, and you’ll be able to reuse it for seasons to come. Stopping at your local craft store can provide everything you need to custom make the wreath if you’re interested in taking on an afternoon project.
3. Pumpkins aren’t just for porches anymore. When you stop by the patch to pick some up for carving, grab a few miniatures for on top of your mantle, television, or countertop.
4. If you’re looking to make a bigger change, invest in a fall colored throw rug for your entryway or living room. Warm colors like oranges, reds, yellows, and browns will help give your home that welcoming feel that the fall season seems to make us want to create within the home. Read also: Thanksgiving Floral Centerpieces
5. A stop by a local candle store will provide you with tons of fall themed scents that are sure to get you and your family ready for the chillier months of the year. Whether it’s a spicy pumpkin scent or a warm cinnamon aroma – you’ll be able to stock up on inviting scents that’ll have you craving pumpkin pie in no time.
6. A table runner for the coffee table in the living room featuring a fall pattern or colors will be a subtle, but useful touch in your living room. By placing decorative concentration on rooms that you use frequently – you’ll be sure to get the most out of your decorative investments.
7. Pair your fall themed table runner or throw rug with a beautiful centerpiece for your coffee table. Surrounding your new candle with a ring of orange, yellow, and brown false leaves will make a beautiful addition to your living room. To add a touch of the holidays – throw a miniature pumpkin into the mix.
8. If you have kids, they certainly won’t complain about a candy dish full of candy corn on the coffee table or end table in the living room. Although it’s a subtle accent – it’s a great way to highlight the holiday without cheesy or loud decorations.
9. Changing your window treatments from light, airy shades to warmer colored fabrics will help to tone down the colors in the room and give them a vibe that’s catered more towards fall. Top off the brown or maroon curtains with gold accent ties to add a bit of luxury to space.
10. Finally, don’t be afraid to add a little extra come Halloween day. If you’re generally festive but don’t like the idea of having all of the decorations up throughout the entire month, knock yourself out on the day of. You, your kids, and the trick-or-treaters will all appreciate your extra effort!
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/3057330